• Announcements

• Jeremy the Bug

Official Board Rules + Regulations   01/07/2010

<b>Official Board Rules + Regulations Hello and welcome to The Official LIGHTS Message Board! We hope you find this to be a friendly place to discuss LIGHTS and everything in-between. Please read on for some general rules and etiquette: 1. Post threads in their appropriate forums. Official News: Here you will find most of the recent LIGHTS news. For complete updates visit iamlights.com for more. Forum News: This forum is for all news and updates on the messages boards. Check this forum for updates on the board rules, how to contact the board admin/mods, and more. Help + Support: Having trouble with the boards or need help finding your way around? Post in this forum. New Member Lounge: New members please read this section to find forum rules, guidlines, etc. This section is reserved to talk about you so introduce yourself! If you are new to the boards, please remember to check the board rules. Welcome to the boards and we look forward to chatting with you! LIGHTS Discussion: This forum is for all discussion about LIGHTS, LIGHTS' music and her new album coming soon. See the Official News section for any updates on upcoming albums and new songs. Rumor threads will most likely be addressed by a board admin or mod, but are subject to being closed. Photos: LIGHTS related photo be shared here. Media: All video and other media links can be posted and discussed here. Tour & Shows: All of LIGHTS' tour dates and shows will be posted here. Meet other fans going to shows in your area and discuss all other show related details. Music: Use this forum to post about other musicians you enjoy. Please search the forum before posting. There is most likely a thread on your favorite artist/band you want to chat about. If there is no thread for your band/artist, then feel free to post. Movies & TV: This is the place to talk about your favorite movies. Please don’t double post about the same movie. For example, if there is a thread on Harry Potter and you have info on when it’s going to be available as a DVD, post in the “Harry Potter” thread instead of creating a new thread; however, each Harry Potter movie may have separate topics because of the different titles (that way there isn’t one massive Harry Potter Thread). General Entertainment: Post and discuss other entertainment topics with members here. General Discussion: Discuss whatever’s on your mind here. There’s everything from video games, pets, world events, and more. Creative Lounge: If you love to create web graphics, art, or photography, share your work here. Feel free to post graphic requests and even questions and tutorials here too. Pointless Fun: Looking for a game or to have some fun? Participate in forum games and join the fun! The Secret Clubhouse: This section is private and viewable only to registered members. Use this section to organize fan meetups or discuss personal topics. 2. What To Post: Please be considerate of all board members by thinking before you post. Make sure to use your search button or be willing to go back a few pages to see if something has already been posted so that the information isn't repeated time and time again! For example, when you see a thread discussing LIGHTS' latest video and you want to share your favorite part, please post in the existing thread rather than starting a new one. Asking questions isn't necessarily a bad thing; however, please use the search button first. Do not post the same thread in more than one forum. This will all keep the board less cluttered and help things to run more smoothly. Please post topics in their appropriate forums. If you posted a thread (that doesn't belong in the forum it was posted in) and it has suddenly disappeared, chances are it has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please look there and please DO NOT re-post a moved thread because you cannot find it. Also, feel free to refer back to the forum descriptions above when posting topics. If you aren’t sure where to post, come back here and re-read the info. Choose the forum that MOST relates to your topic. 3. Member Relationships: A lot of people here have become good friends. Some people are on here every day and have relationships outside of the boards. Do not expect to make friends over night. Don’t be afraid of posting or asking questions. We’re all here for the same reasons. Also, don’t hesitate to contact the board admin/mods. They’re here to answer your questions and make this message board a great place for all LIGHTS Fans to hang out. If you stick around though, you'll make friends and participate in a lot of fun activities. ** That said, please be extra cautious giving out any personal information. Additionally, do not post anyone else’s personal/private information on the boards. ** 4. Respect Board Members: Please be respectful of others. It is ok to have an opinion; however, it is not an invitation to bash someone. Disagreement is OK. Controversy is OK. Everyone can be respectful when they disagree. There is no need to get nasty over a disagreement. Keep in mind that people of all ages read these boards. Some people may kid around and be sarcastic, but I think people can generally decipher the difference. Provoking them will not solve anything and if they are bothersome to everyone (and its obvious), they will be taken care of. Report ANY thread you think a moderator should look at. Sometimes the board admin/mods might miss a thread. If you find spammers, obnoxious threads, or anything you think should be reported, send the mods/admin a message or report the thread (see below for more info on reporting posts). 5. Personal Attacks, Drama Llamas, and Trolls: Sometimes, disagreements can turn into personal conflicts. This can be classified as something going beyond a minor disagreement and it turning into something that can be handled outside of the boards. Please, try to avoid these, or they will be handled otherwise. However, if someone makes fun of you because you didn't read the above listed advice, that is NOT considered a personal attack. There is a difference. If it needs to be more clearly defined later, that can be arranged. Drama Llamas: It is easy to let disagreements that arise on the forum to other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. Sure, its easy to passive aggressively post about a member you don't like. Please keep in mind that there is a fine line between expressing yourself and insulting people for attention. That type of drama doesn't do anyone any good. Also, information shared in confidence shouldn't be posted and passed around elsewhere. It becomes a game of hearsay and that instigates drama. 6. Closed/Deleted Threads: Please be aware that if you don't follow the rules, there will be consequences. It’s up to the discretion of the board admin and moderators. Threads/posts can get deleted, edited, or closed when deemed appropriate. Most likely there is an explanation why a thread has been closed; however, if you are unsure why one of your topics gets closed or deleted, contact the admin/mod that closed it. Threads/posts will ALMOST never be disposed of for an opinion. However, the option is always there for a thread to be deleted/edited (especially if it goes against the board regulations). 7. Reporting Posts: Do you see a post/thread with content that you think violates some of the rules listed above? Most of the time a board admin or mod will catch it. If it’s not closed or handled quickly, feel free to report the post. Although they try, it is not possible for admin/mods to view every post on every page all the time. Any help you can provide in helping us solve these problems is greatly appreciated. When reporting a post, please make sure to include a description why the admin/mod needs to address the thread or post. It will help them know what they are looking for instead of reading through pages of posts. If there are certain members causing trouble in a particular thread, make sure you include their usernames and why you think they should be reported. ** To report a post, use the Report button on the bottom-left hand side of each post. If you can’t find it and still want to report the thread, copy the thread link and send it in a message to the board admin/mods. ** 8. Signature Guidelines: For more information on signature guidelines, click here. 9. Spelling and Grammar: When posting, please make sure to double check your spelling. Additionally, please refrain from using text/AIM speak such as, "i wnt 2 tlk b4 tmrrw" or "idk y u r tlking lyke that". It's ok to use some terms like "lol", "bff" or other common abbreviations, but please don't compose a whole post like that. We appreciate your input and want to make sure that everyone can read it. Also, please don't use a large font or bright colors as your default posting settings. It's ok to use once in a while, but can make your posts difficult for members to read. 10. File Trading/Bootlegs: Discussion of how and where to obtain bootleg (illegally recorded) audios or videos is not allowed. Direct links to such files will be removed promptly and threads will be closed if it gets out of hand. Please keep such discussion segregated to private messages. If you're unsure whether or not something is a bootleg, here's a simple rule of thumb - if someone sitting in the audience recorded it, it's a bootleg. Officially recorded aired on television, radio, etc are perfectly acceptable. If you're still unsure, do not hesitate to contact a mod asking whether or not the audio/video you'd like to post is an illegal recording. This is both out of respect for LIGHTS and any other performers, as well as to conform to all applicable copyright laws. 11. Becoming a Board Mod: If you are interested in applying for a board mod position (or suggesting another member), please PM the board Admin for more information. You can also email your application to lightsnoise@gmail.com stating why you think you'd be a good moderator, any previous experience, etc. Only the board Admin has the ability to add new mods. Any threads about mods (ie suggesting members, bashing mods, etc) will be deleted. If you have concerns about the boards, either post them in the Help section or address it with another admin/mod. 12. Respect Board Mods and Administrators Mods and Admins are only doing their jobs to enforce rules. They are volunteers that are passionate about the community and help it to run. Disrespect towards mods will not be tolerated. However, if you feel they have acted harshly, please contact me privately and i will pass evaluate the issue. The mods are very nice people and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact them. They are full of knowledge. 13. LIGHTS Private Life/ Personal Information LIGHTS deserves her privacy. As a result, discussing her personal relationships including rumors and speculations regarding her personal relationships are not allowed. LIGHTS gives us enough of herself through writing songs, performing, blogging/ tweeting, meeting fans, etc. She deserves to have something that's only hers. I believe that throwing out opinions on how we feel about her relationships cheapens it. She doesn't deserve to have her life critiqued by us let alone on HER official forum 14. No Self Harm Posts If you are feeling like you may harm yourself, please contact someone who can help Call: 1-800- 273- 8255 Visit http://www.suicidepr...onlifeline.org/ http://www.twloha.com/find-help You can also contact The Trevor Project at: http://thetrevorproject.org or by calling their lifeline at: 866- 488- 7386 If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of your Administrators or Moderators. Useful links: www.iamlights.com – LIGHTS' Official Website

Archived